Rob blackie’s CV
Ministry of Environment & Tourism, Namibia (1996 – 1999)
- Environmental economist working to halt desertification and on conservation of wildlife such as rhinos, lions and elephants – contributing to 12,000 more Namibian elephants.
Liberal Democrats, Economic policy / Director of Research (1999-2005)
- Led team of 15 Lib Dem policy and media advisers to support our MPs and Leader Charles Kennedy through the Iraq war campaign.
- Advised on all major policies including the 2005 General Election manifesto, contributing to our best ever result with 62 MPs elected, including a record eight MPs across London.
- Trusted advisor to Charles Kennedy & Vince Cable.
Ogilvy / Blue Rubicon / Blue State Digital Head of Social / Head of Digital / Managing Director Europe (2005 – 2016)
- Created more than 20 jobs, built and ran several businesses of over £1m per year.
- Headed the European arm of the digital team that helped elect Obama. Supported the spread of smart campaigning practice as London Lib Dem Executive Digital Ambassador from 2012.
- Advised the then-Secretary-General of the United Nations Framework Convention, Christian Figueres, on how to win the arguments leading up to the Paris Climate Change Agreement.
Lib Dem grassroots campaigning (2000 – ongoing)
- Knocking on doors, delivering leaflets, fundraising and campaigning across London, including every local, London, European and General Election and numerous by-elections.
- London Assembly candidate for Lambeth & Southwark 2012, Lib Dem Assembly London wide list candidate 2016. Achieved the best Labour-facing result in London.
Professional campaigner, fighting Brexit and fake news (2016 – present)
- Senior adviser to anti-Brexit campaign Best for Britain, developing polling, campaigns and strategies to inform the public and persuade politicians to think again.
- Expert in fighting fake news, and has pioneered techniques to get real news past Russian censors in support of democracy.
- Developed effective anti-Brexit polling, fundraising and campaigning advice used by the Lib Dems in seats gained at the 2017 General Election.
- I am proud to be bringing up my daughters in the greatest city in the world. I love watching the deer with my family in Richmond Park, cycling along the canal in Camden and shopping in Brixton market near our home.
- I keep fit with kick-boxing and cycling. Delivering Lib Dem leaflets (especially to tower blocks) also helps with my fitness regime!