This website collects a variety of data about you when you visit. None of it can, generally, easily personally identify you, unless you opt into my email newsletter. Though if you tell me you’re going on a weekend to Iceland and I see an Icelandic IP address in my analytics, I can take a guess.
It’s worth noting though that my entire business and campaign runs on cloud based services which include servers based in the USA. As a general principle I’d never sell or abuse your data. And I’m fairly cautious about security. However no system is perfect. So I generally collect relatively little data.If you want a completely up to date list of the tracking code on my website then it’s worth looking at services like Ghostery. At the time of writing it consisted of:
- Doubleclick (allows me to advertise to you on Google).
- Share this (enables social sharing, allows the provider to advertise at you).
- Google analytics (website statistics)
- WordPress stats (website statistics)
- Gravatar (puts a picture of you next to your comment if you like).
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to drop me an email.